Curriculum Driven Acquisitions (CDA)
- LOUIS provides funds to member libraries to acquire course adopted eBooks to add to collections.
- We assist libraries with identifying eBooks available for library purchase, developing return-on-investment models, and completing and understanding license agreements.
- We also assist libraries in making library eBook purchase discoverable to faculty and students through library systems including through the SirsiDynix integrated library system and the EBSCO EDS discovery system.
- LOUIS provides data analytics support to its member libraries to identify course adopted eBooks that are available for campus purchase.
- Institutional data is analyzed against current physical and electronic holdings to support library reserves programs.
Open Educational Resources
- LOUIS member libraries support open educational resource adoptions through their participation in the LOUIS Open Textbook Network (OTN) leaders project.
- Currently 58 librarians, faculty, and staff have participated in an OER immersion program to assist their campuses with OER adoptions.
- Through the LOUIS & Louisiana Board of Regents OER Curriculum Alignment Project Fellows program, librarians have identified and mapped open textbooks available to be used in the majority of the state common curriculum.
- The LOUIS team is comprised of highly-trained library programmers and developers.
- We support libraries in utilizing existing LOUIS supported technology infrastructure to expand affordability initiatives at their campus.